Friday, April 10, 2009

Juliette Knows Best.

There's an old saying in Girl Scouts: "Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold."

One of my dear friends and her family were at Callaway for Spring Break and we met them for brunch this morning. It was so ... easy. We slipped back into our old conversations, talking about our former school, our childrens' new schools, travel, changes in our lives, etc. It was like the best comfort food you've ever had. I hadn't realized how much I missed that - conversations with people you've known for years, people who don't judge you, don't question you. People who are just ... friends.

It was only a few hours, but we made plans to get together again later this summer. Speaking for my children: we can't wait!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So true Kim! It's easy to forget, and then you suddenly remember how wonderful those friendships were/are. Just met up with my best friend from college a few weeks ago. Hadn't seen her in a few years. I had forgotten how much I enjoy her company.